Reflect on your most recent doctor appointment. Perhaps you thought you might have pneumonia. Were you able to have a same day or next day appointment? Did your insurance allow you to see the doctor you wanted to see or pay for the recommended treatment plan? Did you feel rushed in your appointment? Did it feel impersonal? The average doctor sees over two thousand patients a year in the traditional system and as a result only spends 7 minutes with each patient. Health insurance providers are often too involved in your healthcare plan, making treatment for conditions like the pneumonia a much longer and convoluted process than necessary. It’s time to take your healthcare back with direct primary care (DPC).
Solstice Health is the first independent and completely insurance-free direct primary care clinic in Wisconsin. Direct primary care is sweeping the nation as the answer to continually rising costs for mediocre primary care that is getting harder to access and more impersonal. With all of this said, you may now be wondering, what exactly is direct primary care?
What is direct primary care?
The Direct Primary Care Coalition defines direct primary care (DPC) as …
“… an innovative alternative payment model for primary care being embraced by patients, physicians, employers, payers and policymakers across the United States. The defining element of DPC is an enduring and trusting relationship between a patient and his or her primary care provider… Direct primary care fosters this relationship by focusing on five key tenets: service, patient choice, elimination of fee-for-service, advocacy, and stewardship.“
Direct primary care includes unlimited access to your doctor, virtual visits, wholesale pricing on lab work, imaging, and medication help to provide the best, most affordable, and convenient care possible.
What are the benefits of direct primary care?
- You are guaranteed to get the time and care you deserve with your direct primary care provider. With insurance and hospital group involvement eliminated, doctors are able to spend significantly more time with each patient, thus restoring the doctor-patient relationship.
- Direct primary care doctors care for on average 600 patients per year. This is significantly lower than other traditional doctors. By accepting only 600 patients on average per year, same day and next day appointments are typically available at your request.
- Unlimited visits, no copays, and no deductibles.
- Direct primary care eliminates 40% of overhead by not accepting insurance, thus making it very affordable for everyone. Also, wholesale labs, imaging, and pharmaceuticals are another value add for members, allowing you to budget your care, your way. Steeply discounted (80-90%) rates are negotiated, and you get the benefits.
- Direct primary care eliminates third party involvement in YOUR healthcare.
- Direct primary care covers 90% or more of your overall healthcare needs. With better care, it decreases the down stream utilization of specialists, urgent care and emergency room visits. Direct primary care takes care of the acute urgent care issues, chronic disease management, preventive health and wellness, and even occupational health.
- The direct primary care approach involves far fewer steps to treatment than a traditional insurance approach. Continuing with our earlier example of a possible pneumonia case, check here for an example comparison chart of a direct primary care treatment route and traditional insurance treatment route.
Direct primary care is a vital part of our mission here at Solstice Health. Our monthly membership plans are comprehensive and age based. For more information on plans, check here.
Contact us today to start your direct primary care journey. We have three convenient locations in Wisconsin: Oconomowoc, WI (262)-533-4528, New Berlin, WI (262)-505-6260, and Mequon, WI (262)-533-4528.